Sunday, September 14, 2008

My First Boat Ride, a photo essay

Yesterday, Grandpa Gary and Grandma Vicki (I'm going to call them Granddad and Nana to avoid confusion with all of my grandparents) invited Mama, Daddy and me to go out on their boat for a big long ride, so I got my first experience out on the open seas (OK, so it was just the Puget Sound). We had to wait for the ferry for a little while, so I got to ride in a metal boat with some statue kids at the park next to the ferry dock.

I was a little bored on the ferry, so I was reading some of the brochures that Mama and Daddy had picked up in the terminal.

When we got on to Nana and Granddad's boat I got to spend a lot of time with their dog Pizono, who absolutely loved me. He and I sat up in the captain's chair and looked out the windows for a long time.

Then Daddy put me in a life jacket that was way too big and we went outside to sit in the sun.

The breeze in my face was a little bit weird, but I liked when we hit someone else's wake and we rocked a whole lot.

I took a big long nap in the big bed while everyone else sat in the sun, then we got to Poulsbo and walked around town for a long time.

I slept through dinner (everybody thought that was really nice of me), then we came home. I slept the entire way home on the boat, probably because we didn't leave until after 9:00, which is my bedtime. I woke up for the ferry ride home, but was really really tired and just laid on Mama's shoulder for the entire ride. I fell asleep in the car on the way home, and woke up this morning ready to tell you all about it.

0 comments: