Friday, August 8, 2008

My first camping experience

Well, the folks and I got back from our very first family camping trip on Wednesday and I thought I'd tell you all how it went. The first two days were awful. They kept passing me around to different people I didn't know and it really pissed me off. I pretty much cried for the first two days. I was really excited to see my Grandma and Grandpa and my Mimi (Grandma Michelle, to those of you who are not in the loop). After that I really got more used to the whole camping thing. I ended up sleeping in the tent only for the first half of the night, then Mama and I moved into Grandma and Grandpa's trailer so I didn't get to cold (and so that my crying didn't wake up all of the other tent campers). I got to watch everybody play lots of games, and I slept a lot. I took like five naps a day for at least an hour at a time. Camping is exhausting! Surprisingly, the bugs didn't bother me very much. Everybody kept swatting them away so I only got two bites the whole time. I took lots of walks in my stroller with my Grandma (she and I were always the first two awake in the morning), and I spent a lot of time sitting around the fire with everyone. I got to put my feet in the lake, but it was too cold for me to swim in. Overall we had a great time, and my Mama and Daddy got to take lots of naps also so we're all fully rested now. I can't wait to go camping again!

0 comments: